Pixel Tactics 3 can be played as a standalone game or used to expand previous Pixel Tactics games. It also comes with new play modes such as Epic Constructed (60-card decks), Cube Draft, and more that you can access by combining all three Pixel Tactics games (plus any mini-expansions)! Pixel Tactics 3 contains 25 new heroes including:
- Gerard Matranga / Mercenary – Ignore wave restrictions on attacking!
- Alice Zero / Failsafe – Who allows you to switch leaders mid-game!
- Arret Draamivaar / Dispatcher – Recruit up to 14 heroes at once!
- Cherri Seneca / Dreamseer – Drawing cards is a free action for you!
- Udstad / Golem – Forces your opponents to flee in terror!
Pixel Tactics 3 is a head-to-head game of tactical combat for two players. Each player has an identical deck of 25 cards, from which they draft a leader. The leader’s abilities alter vastly the strategy and playability of every other card in the deck, making the game playable in 25 different ways.
In the game, players take turns placing cards and attacking. Each card can activate in various ways, taking on offensive capabilities in the front rows of the unit, or support powers in the back rows. Cards can also be played as orders – powerful single-time effects that can turn the tide of battle.
Play continues until either player’s leader is defeated. A typical game is best of three or five rounds.